Saturday, July 27, 2013

Funfetti Cake

My husband has two favorite cakes, Angel Food and Funfetti. I was on Pinterest on day and found a recipe for Funfetti Cake without using the box mix. I couldn't wait to try it so imagine my excitement last week when I asked Brandyn at work what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday and he said, "Well my favorite is Funfetti." I was happy to hear I was finally going to get to try the recipe I found. Last Saturday I gathered all of my ingredients and set to work. A few tastes told me that I'm not a huge fan of Almond Extract and to always follow my instincts and add more vanilla. I got the mix finally where I liked it and then set out to add the sprinkles. Who doesn't love sprinkles?! So I measured out the 1/3 cup sprinkles, poured them in, stirred and then wondered where the sprinkles went. That was not enough sprinkles! So in went another 1/3 cup and then finally a few more shakes of the container and I was happy with the sprinkle distribution through out the batter. Into the oven they went and patiently I waited. Once they were out I let them cool and finally put them into the freezer. I wasn't planning on decorating them until Sunday and of course it was hot out so the freezer seemed like the perfect place to store them. Sunday I whipped up a batch of Buttercream. Why have I never tried frosting the cake when it's frozen before?! It was so much easier and so less crumbly! I did not have to do a crumb coat. Within 30 minutes I had a completely frosted and decorated cake! All and all it was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment